Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is it too early?

After 15 years of a marriage gone wrong, I am finally free! He moved out permanently and now, I am experiencing life as a single woman in her late 30's and a single mom. The last 4 years of the marriage were pretty crappy...the love was gone. We both stayed in the marriage for the kids. Bad choice oboth our parts. He found another girlfriend (who I think is certifiablly nuts) and has been with her for at least 6 months. Yes, he started dating her before he even asked for a divorce. Sucky husband, but a great Dad to our kids.

Well, after months of being down and blue, I finally climbed out of my shell. I went out on a couple dates with Don, what a hottie, but turned out he has a phobia about developing feelings for people, and stood me up on Valentine's Day....because he was scared. He didn't talk to me for nearly a month, and recently called me wanting to see me again. Ummmmm...no freaking way!

Then there was Pat. Okay, why am I even wasting a sentence on him? Not a match...not even close.

Then I met Jim, he is a great guy, but just wanted friendship, which is fine. He is fun to talk to and hang out with.

Now, there's Scott. This is where my question of "Is it too early?" comes into play. I am head over heels in love with this guy. We have been dating for 3 weeks now, and talk and text each other constantly. He lives an hour away, so the actual time we get to spend with one another is limited. He is sweet, compassionate, caring and all the great qualities I desire in a man. He makes me feel special and loved. I miss him when I am not with him, and I look forward to our phone conversations every afternoon and evening. I never want to quit talking to him.

Is it too early for me to be feeling this way? My friends all think he is my "Rebound Guy". I don't think so. I was without love for so long.......

No comments:

Post a Comment