Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Great Conversation

Tonight, we had a great conversation...it was pretty deep. We talked a lot about family and the relationships we have with them. Rewind to last night, I told Scott about my depression issues and how things from earlier in life affected the way I am....fast forward back to tonight. He asked me about my Mom and if I was close with her before she died. I explained to him that she and I were never close and that it was only because of my Dad did she even reveal to me that she had cancer. She had written me off in her life until that point. It's funny how something like an illness such as cancer makes all the issues go away. I took care of my Mom for those 17 months. Even though she wasn't that great of a Mom, I felt that I needed to be there for her. It caused a great deal of stress and problems between my ex-husband and I. She treated me horribly, only to find out years after her death that she had her own demons to deal with, that she never dealt with. The day she died, an inner peace came about me. I didn't have to be afraid of her anymore. To get to the point, Scott said "You know, whatever happened between you and your Mom can not be changed, but you know she is 'up there' looking down on you, and loving you." I started to cry. I know he is right, and I have had others tell me the same thing. Him saying that just blew me away. Yes, he is a sensitive soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment