Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Being a Single Mom....

Well, so far it has been much better than I expected. I have had more co-operation from the kids now that their father and I are apart, than I ever had when we were together. No, things aren't perfect, but they are better than I thought.

One good thing that I have realized in the past few days alone, is the fact that I am able to have more time with them. It is really unique. They are happy to see me and hang out with me. They are happy to help me with anything.

Do they need to be corrected? Of course! I know my daughter is trying subtly to push the envelope, but after being reminded of my expectations, she comes around. She is a great kid!
She and I have always been close, and I love that!

My son and I are becoming very close. I am getting to learn more about him every day, and I am gaining so much happiness from this new bond. He is a great kid too!

I am so lucky and so fortunate....

No comments:

Post a Comment